Introductions are an integral part of our lives. We all have to do it, sometimes several times a day or month. Today alone I’ve introduced myself to new people 3 times already which is a feat because I’m not nearly the social butterfly that I used to be.
Consider this introduction #4 of the day…
I’m Skrap, that’s not what my mother named me but very few people in my immediate circle bother with my real name anymore so go ahead and go with that. Like about 179,413 people that also frequent this isle called WordPress I’m an aspiring writer; an aspiring writer with a penchant for procrastination that is unmatched by anyone living or dead. A friend of mine that likes some of the stuff that I write told me that I needed to start a blog as an outlet for my thoughts. That, however is a tricky prospect seeing as though my mind is a crazy place. I’m kinda left of center, what I think is cool to talk about most people really don’t give two rat tails about, hell, I’m a Black man that loves hockey, that should give you an idea of my twisted little world. [Edit: I USED to love hockey until the league shafted my city and took away our team. Now I’m just a regular Black dude in that I ignore hockey]
But I’m good people. Before I give you any rambles or streams of consciousness or just flat out views on what I think about anything I’ll leave you with a few tidbits about me and if they don’t scare you away then feel free to put up your feet and hang out here from time to time. Here goes:
- I absolutely love James Brown’s music which isn’t strange except for the fact that I was deathly afraid of James Brown from the age of 5 to 8. I still remember running and hiding whenever he was on the TV as a kid. Truth is I wasn’t fond of less than attractive dudes screaming at me to a funky bassline
- The squirrels in my neighborhood have a longstanding feud with my family.
- 50 pounds ago I was a hell of a soccer player; I mean I was REALLY good. I can still work my way around a soccer ball but all this sexy goodness in my midsection keeps me from moving as swiftly as I once did. Damned aging process
- Ghetto women and disruptive movie patrons are my only pet peeves.
- As evidenced by the title of this blog, I am the last Atlanta native left. Seems as though I was a teenager and everyone was from Atlanta, then I came home from college and it was New York South. I fully expect the Staten Island Ferry to make its way down Peachtree Street just to close the deal.
There you go, five facts about me. This space will be a safe haven for me as writing is my escape, much like it is for most people that are in love with words. So we’ll see what the days bring, some funnies, some introspect, some flat out strange goings-on and generally just a guy from Atlanta (Decatur to be exact) biding his time until he figures out where all the other Atlanta folks went and why they left me here alone to deal with all these northerners in my fair city.
Until the next time…
Join the party at: